Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 2

A lot of great things happened this week, and even though it was only a four day week it sure did feel like a whirlwind packed with a lot of learning.

Highlights from this week at Rooster Springs

  • Ms. Lloyd finished her incredible Humpty Dumpty lesson with her kinder friends and as a culminating activity they made a group Educreations. View it here: http://www.educreations.com/lesson/view/mrs-lloyd-s-class-rules/10069569/ I love how all of the kids participated with their voices.
  • I was lucky enough to get to help the fabulous third grade team with their community unit by showing many classes a Google Earth tour of Dripping Springs and discussing how the community has changed using the historical views. Mrs. Northrup also had me show her students where she grew up.
  • Mrs. Barrett's class finished up their scientific process Educreation's presentations and they are wonderful! 
  • A 4th grade student in Mrs. Troppy's class brought me an incredibly well written script that she had spent her holiday weekend working on. She wants to produce it in the production studio when the equipment arrives. We have a brainstorming session next week. I was very impressed! 
  • A group from Mrs. Haas' class has been using the Collaboration Corner every day during their recess to write a movie. They have worked so well together and put a lot of heart and soul into their project.
  • My fabulous assistant Ms. Shana has truly gotten the library portion of The Center under control. I have loved watching her interaction with students. Today I caught her sitting on the floor reading jokes with a friend. 
  • I got to spend a little time in art with Mrs. A as we collaborated on some great ideas she has for art students using devices and photography. I also caught this wonderful message on the board to her students.... 


  • I also got a glimpse at Mrs. Young's wonderful Prezi presentation that she prepared for the 4th grade Ace parents. It was so very cute! 

All in all it was a successful week here at Rooster Springs. I am sure so many more wonderful things happened, this was just the glimpse I got. Please share the wonderful things that you know of in the comments below.

Your FLI,

No comments:

Post a Comment